BE IN THE WORD (This Week’s Verses):
So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. (Galatians 3:26 -29)
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you. (1 Peter 1:3-4)
Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup: you make my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. (Psalm 16:5-6)
BE EDUCATED (Additional Resources):
- All the Women of the Bible by Herbert Lockyer R. S. L.
- Harper Collins Bible Dictionary by Paul J. Achtemeier.
- Tamar and the ‘Coat of Many Colors’ by Adrien Janis Bledstein.
BE DOERS, NOT JUST HEARERS (Practical Application):
- Read as much as you can about Joseph and each of the Tamars. You will be amazed at all of the connections you will find in these stories.
- Do not shy away from certain parts of scripture because they make you uncomfortable.
- Make a list of things you can claim as your inheritance. (Examples: love, joy peace, patience, etc.)
Have you joined our Be Together Community yet? It’s a private Facebook group where we gather regularly to encourage, uplift and pray for one another. Click here to join! You can also find us at Facebook and Twitter!