- What is an attribute you learned of Mary today that impacted you or caused a stirring in your heart? Do you possess that attribute? If so, praise Jesus daily for a week for having it. If not, ask Jesus to give it to you…help you possess it. But be willing to do the work…the exercise to receive it and possess it. We can always grow and change and become more of who we want to be. But it won’t always be easy.
- Do you think you are a willing believer? If so, do something every day that is inconvenient to you or isn’t easy for you for 30 days. It’s easy to say we are willing until we are asked. For example, is there someone you know God has laid on your heart that you should call, reach out to, go for coffee but you just haven’t made the time? Or is there something God wants you to do like your devotions, pray, have sex with your husband but you just don’t want to? Or, how about the next time your husband or kids make you feel like you take a back seat, can you respond as Mary?
- Read Psalm 47:8, which reminds us that no matter who sits on any earthly throne, only One truly reigns. How does that knowledge comfort you in light of what is going on in your life?
- Beginning to end, Deborah was God’s woman. If the Lord has called you to lead others, consider taking Deborah’s motto as your own: “March on, my soul; be strong!” (Judges 5:21). Write it somewhere that you’ll see every day as a reminder of your calling.
PHARAOH’S DAUGHTER EPISODE:
- Where do you struggle for others to notice you? Are you desperate for your husband to see all you do at home? Are you constantly trying to prove yourself to a boss or co-worker? Are you striving in your ministry to make a name for yourself? We all either have or currently do struggle in this area…this glory-seeking thing where we crave awareness, accolades and applause. Be honest before the Lord about that need in that area of your life, and pray He would begin to fill the empty place in your soul that craves the glory. Ask Him to fill it with contentment and patience, and that you would have a heart of cheerful willingness to do anything He asks, even if it goes unnoticed by others around you. Ask Him to give you a wink from Himself that assures you that He sees, even if it seems that others don’t.
- Are you willing to do what God has called you to do, even if it means you go unnamed and unnoticed by those around you? Is it enough for you that you’ve drawn a Moses out of the water, or raised the next Moses that they may be the one to do The Next Great Thing. Are you okay with the glory going to everyone else but you? Journal out your answer prayerfully and honestly. God knows the truth anyway, but it’s important that we know it. The places where you seek glory and seek fame are human…but confess them to God and ask that He fill them up.
Have you joined our Be Together Community yet? It’s a private Facebook group where we gather regularly to encourage, uplift and pray for one another. Click here to join! You can also find us at Facebook and Twitter!