BE IN THE WORD (this week’s verses):
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these. (Mark 12:30-31)
BE DOERS, NOT JUST HEARERS (practical application):
1. Pray and ask the Lord to give you a spirit of loving others with a Christ kind of love.
2. Study I Corinthians 13 and what love is and isn’t. Visit our resources for a link to an article by Keith Krell, Love Knows No Limits.
3. Determine who your audience is…make a list. This is your first circle audience. Then find a way to love each of them in a special way (I Corinthians, to start).
4. Ask yourself the following questions*:
– Do I know and believe that I am loved by God?
– Do I know and believe that I am loved by Jesus?
– Do I have fruit that shows I love God?
– Do I have fruit that shows I love myself?
– Do I have fruit that shows that I love others?
*If you answered any of these questions, go straight to that “no” and get it right. You cannot properly move down the list if you cannot say yes in order. There is a reason why God/Jesus gave us these commands in this order.
BE EDUCATED (additional resources):
1. Love Knows No Limits by Keith Krell. This is an article that walks us through every step of I Corinthians 13 and lays out what love is and what it isn’t.
2. The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. This is a great book to provide insight as to how those around you need to be loved. It will give you insight to yourself as well.
Have you joined our Be Together Community yet? It’s a private Facebook group where we gather regularly to encourage, uplift and pray for one another. Click here to join! You can also find us at Facebook and Twitter!