BE IN THE WORD (this week’s verses):
The Lord your God is with you, a Powerful One Who wins the battle. He will have much joy over you. With His love He will give you new life. He will have joy over you with loud singing. (Zeph 3:17)
But Lord, You are a God full of compassion, generous in grace, slow to anger, and boundless in loyal love and truth. (Psalm 86:15)
I want you to know that the Eternal your God is the only true God. He’s the faithful God who keeps His covenants and shows loyal love for a thousand generations to those who in return love Him and keep His commands. (Deut 7:9)
The Eternal’s beloved rests safely next to Him, protected all through the day, resting between His shoulders. (Deut 33:12)
BE DOERS, NOT JUST HEARERS (practical application):]
1. Pray each morning God would open your eyes to SEE and KNOW His unending and bottomless love for you. Pray you would receive it as He displays it with a heart of gratitude.
2. Find a story in the Bible that seems like the person was in great difficulty or hardship – a story where it would seem God had abandoned them, and intentionally seek out God’s love in the midst of it. Make yourself identify ways God loved despite the outward circumstances. It will help you see them in your own life.
BE EDUCATED (additional resources):
1. 5 Truths About Love: God Loves Unconditionally. Great article about how nothing changes God’s love for His children!
2. He Loved Me and Gave Himself For Me by John Piper. Beautiful article about fully enjoying the ways God loves.
3. God Speaks Your Love Language by Gary Chapman. Do you realize that the God of the universe speaks your love language, and your expressions of love for Him are shaped by your love language? Learn how you can give and receive God’s love through the five love languages: words of affirmation, quality time, gifts, acts of service, and physical touch.
Have you joined our Be Together Community yet? It’s a private Facebook group where we gather regularly to encourage, uplift and pray for one another. Click here to join! You can also find us at Facebook and Twitter!