BE IN THE WORD (This Week’s Verses):
“He sent back this answer. ‘Do not think that because you are in the kings house you alone of all the Jews will escape. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish.'” (Esther 4:13)
“For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” (Esther 4:14)
BE EDUCATED (Additional Resources):
- 5 Biblical Answers from the Book of Esther: The story of Esther is one of drama and excitement that depicts heroes and villains. Even though God’s name is never mentioned by name or directly referenced, it’s evident that His presence is present throughout the story of Esther.
- Women of the Bible: Dr. Herbert Lockyer provides a convenient commentary on all the named–and unnamed–women of the Bible, from Abi to Zipporah. You’ll discover how the lives and character of different biblical women mirror the situations of women today.
- New Seeds of Contemplation by Thomas Merton: New Seeds of Contemplation seeks to awaken the dormant inner depths of the spirit so long neglected by Western man, to nurture a deeply contemplative and mystical dimension in our lives.
BE DOERS, NOT JUST HEARERS (Practical Application):
- Esther spent time in fasting and prayer as she searched for God’s courage. Spend one day fasting and praying and see how it affects you spiritually.
- Take 20 minutes a day writing in your journal whatever comes to mind. Set a timer and write all the feelings that you’re having. You’ll be surprised the things that you’ve been hiding from yourself without realizing it.
- Try meditating for 5 minutes a day. Maybe after reading some scripture just close your eyes and sit in total stillness with Jesus and see how he meets you there.
Have you joined our Be Together Community yet? It’s a private Facebook group where we gather regularly to encourage, uplift and pray for one another. Click here to join! You can also find us at Facebook and Twitter!