BE IN THE WORD: (This Week’s Verses)
“You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust you.” (Isaiah 26:3)
“If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, your righteousness like the waves of the sea.” (Isaiah 48:18)
BE EDUCATED: (RESOURCES FOR BLOG POST)
- What is the story of Elisha and the Shunammite woman? Never heard this story before? Check out this quick synopsis of an amazing Old Testament parable.
- Women of the Bible: Dr. Herbert Lockyer provides a convenient commentary on all the named–and unnamed–women of the Bible, from Abi to Zipporah. You’ll discover how the lives and character of different biblical women mirror the situations of women today.
- C.S. Lewis Quote: “God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing.” – C. S. Lewis
- Living Free (Beth Moore): Experiencing God’s Peace. This study is designed to help you become a person whose first instinct in any situation is to believe God, a person who thinks first of His glory rather than worrying what others think about you, and a person who finds such satisfaction in Him that false gods lose their attraction.
- Understanding the Biblical Call to Shalom.
BE DOERS, NOT JUST HEARERS (Practical Application):
- Pray Psalm 86.
- Physically get on your knees and pray prostrate before the Lord. Try this every day for a week.